Frequently Asked Questions
Let us answer your frequently asked questions.
Welcome to the world of Karin Rom. Below is a list of questions and answers that will give you a good idea of what to expect when shopping for your wedding dress at Karin Rom. Karin can’t wait to meet you and help you find the dress!
1. Which Brides can find their dream gown at Karin Rom?
- Brides that are looking for a modern and feminine style with a twist. Or Brides that love the glamorous and amazingly detailed style.
- Brides that appreciate the highest quality and have a keen eye for details.
- Brides that are not willing to compromise on their Wedding Dress.
- Brides that are looking for that special Dress that they can't find anywhere else.
2. Which options are available at Karin Rom?
First of all. All of the dresses will be custom made by your precise measurements and wishes. This will ensure that the dress will fit you perfectly. And in case any adjustments are necessary, they will be free of charge.
We have the following options available:
- Have a dress from one of the versatile collections custom tailored by your measurements.
- Have a dress from one of the collections with customizations to your wishes. For example we can add sleeves. Make the train longer. Change the color of the lining. Change the slit. Etc.
- Co-Design your Wedding Dress from scratch. Karin Rom is specialised in custom made Wedding Dresses. She will lead the design process of helping you co-create your own unique Wedding Dress, completely from scratch. So when you walk down the aisle, you feel very special in your original design.
3. When should I begin my Wedding Dress search?
We recommend that you start 6-12 months before your wedding.
4. Do I have to make an appointment?
Yes, we only work by appointment. This allows you to have a one-on-one private fitting experience and consultation with Designer Karin Rom. Karin will give you the personal attention that you deserve while finding your perfect dress. There is an appointment fee of €30, which is redeemable against your dress purchase. You can book your appointment via this page.
5. How does an appointment look like?
Karin loves to get to know your personal style and how your wedding will look like. Based on that Karin will let you try different dresses. During the 1,5 hour appointment you can fall in love with one of the designs from the collections. Or you can end up co-designing your one-of-a-kind design. Read more about the co-design option.
6. Can I take pictures in the studio?
Once you have purchased your actual gown, you are more than welcome to take pictures. Prior to this point, however, we discourage taking photos as they generally give a false impression of the dress.
7. What sizes are available to try on?
Most of the samples are in size EU 36 to 42. If the sample is too big or too small, we have creative ways to pin and show you how the dress will look like when it is closer to your actual size. Important to understand is that we work with all sizes. So when you say yes to the dress, Karin will take all of your measurements. And her elite team, all with a minimum of 25 years of experience will make the dress precisely by your measurements, to ensure that the dress will fit you like a glove. Because we are so experienced in creating couture custom made wedding dresses, the dress will be made perfectly. In case any adjusmtents are necessary, they will be free of charge.
8. How many people can I bring to my appointment?
Please bring a maximum of 3 guests. Our studio is intimate and private and can accomodate 1 Bride and 3 guests comfortably. Many of our Brides are coming alone. So don't feel pressurised to bring guests with you if that is not your thing. Karin will help you find or design the dress that best represents your unique personality and wishes.
9. What should I bring to the appointment?
I advise you to wear nude, seamless underwear. This type of underwear is the least visible and shows off the dresses best. We would also like to emphasize that it is important to wear as little make-up as possible, so that our dresses stay clean. Karin has a selection of Keren Wolf jewelry and Bella Belle shoes available. We will use this during the meeting to create the full Bridal look. If you already have shoes and accesories, you can already bring them.
10. What is the price range of your Dresses?
You can choose a design from one of the collections or co-design your dress with me. In both cases the price range of clean and sophisticated Dresses is between €3.200 and €5.000. The price range of the glamorous, lace and beaded dresses is between €3.800 and €10.200.The majority is between €3.800 and €7.500.
Your Dress will be exactly made by your wishes and measurements. In case there are adjustments necessary, it will be without any additional costs.
11. Do you offer alterations service?
When you say yes to the dress, Karin will take all of your measurements. And her elite team, all with a minimum of 25 years of experience will make the dress precisely by your measurements, to ensure that the dress will fit you like a glove. Because we are so experienced in creating couture custom made wedding dresses, the dress will be made perfectly. In case any adjusmtents are necessary, we will take care of that and they will be free of charge.
12. Where is our studio located?
Our studio is located at the Belle van Zuylenlaan 63 in Amstelveen. You can comfortably park your car for free in front of the studio.